Alice in chains group members
by Digami, 23.04.2019
What separated Alice in Chains from their alt-rock brethren was how their roots lay in heavy metal, not punk. Guitarist Jerry Cantrell and vocalist Layne Staley both played in metal bands prior to the formation of Alice in Chains in and they released the band's debut, Faceliftinwell before Nirvana 's Nevermind pushed the underground into the mainstream. Despite their connections to metal, Alice alice in chains group members Chains thrived in the glory days of grunge, and it wasn't merely a question of timing, either.
The band's second full-length overall, it built and expanded upon the template they had laid out on their debut, Facelift, in the process jacking up the intensity and raw emoting to incredible, and at times uncomfortable, extremes. Jerry Cantrell's riffs were darker and sludgier; drummer Sean Kinney and bassist Mike Starr's rhythms lumbered like an elephant trudging through molasses; and Layne Staley's raw-throated wail was agonized in a way that was almost painful to listen to.
Largely because of late singer Layne Staley's debilitating drug addictionin their heyday, AIC were known almost as much for their long periods of inactivity as they were for their gloom-laden, brooding music. Melding hard-rock guitars and the sludgy grunge aesthetic of the time, AIC stood out from the pack thanks to their adoption of a more classic heavy-metal sound and intense, almost unrelentingly bleak lyrics that touched on everything from drug addiction and isolation to the plight of Vietnam veterans.
A second EP, ''Sap,'' was released infollowed in by ''Dirt,'' which has sold four million copies. Staley was struggling with heroin addiction, and on the verge of a summer tour, the band broke up for six months.
- King Khan: Truth can be confusing
- Peter Chow White with SFU discusses how social media is changing the way we communicate
- Niceda Men's August Burns Red Long Sleeve Sweatshirts Hoodie cheap
- Farewell - Yngwie Malmsteen Acoustic Guitar Cover
- Star's suicide highlights dark side of the K-pop dream
- Ignite – A War Against You – Album Review
- ‘Mayans M.C.’: Gino Vento Set To Recur In FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Spinoff
- Appetite for Destruction's cover art captured that dangerous vibe perfectly: A The story behind the album's original sleeve begins 20 years before that the Super Cartoons "were intended to have no more meaning than a. - The original cover art for the band's iconic debut, the bestselling debut album of all time Appetite for Destruction, had shock written. More...
- Case in point: the Byrds, who announced founding member David with drummer Michael Clarke quitting and Crosby refusing to lend his. The Beefeaters, soon renamed the Byrds, were fleshed out to a quintet with the addition of drummer Michael Clarke and bluegrass mandolinist Chris Hillman. More...
Buy Spyro Gyra - You Can Count On Me Midi from Song Galaxy online shop. Spyro Gyra - Catching the sun Midi from Karaoke Island online shop. More...
Dream : Avex Trax, Mai Matsumuro, Yu Hasebe, J- pop, Morning Musume, Yu Hasebe and Kana Tachibana were choto form the new group Dream". Six new younger members joined the group (Risa Ai, Erie Abe, Aya. Dream is a Japanese pop girl group signed to the Avex Trax label since and During this time, the band's name changed from dream to DRM. a solo career, leaving Kana Tachibana behind as the only original member of dream. More...